Making the decision to sell your home is a big one. There is a lot that goes into selling a home. In fact, there are over 180 steps we take to get your home sold. Here are the basics of the home selling process:
1. Your needs, expectations, and timelines are discussed.
2. A premium market analysis is completed to determine competitive pricing and market position in relation to fair market value.
3. Once a price is determined and the listing documents are completed, your home is prepared for marketing. This may consist of minor or major repairs, painting, cleaning of home and flooring, landscaping, and home staging. We will provide you with suggestions to improve salability.
4. Photos are taken, interior is measured, property details are gathered, a lockbox is placed on the door, and the property is listed on the Houston Area MLS. We organize, coordinate, and design a creatively rich property detail profile on the property. A showing service is utilized to coordinate all showing appointments. We will provide you with updates and feedback from all showings.
5. An aggressive, state of the art multimedia marketing plan is implemented for maximum exposure. We work to target the ‘right buyer’and mobilize local agents.
6. When we have an interested buyer we put our expertise to work. We will counsel you on all offers by explaining merits and weaknesses of each offer. We negotiate on your behalf to reach a final agreement that is favorable to you in terms of net dollars to you at closing.
7. Title work is ordered by the title company. This property report provides evidence of the property’s ownership and deed type, correct legal description, and any liens currently attached to the property. If any ‘clouds’ show up on title that could prevent you from selling the property, we will work with you to resolve these issues.
8. Inspections are scheduled, completed and reviewed. If repairs are needed we will negotiate on your behalf with the buyers agent.
9. Appraisal is scheduled, completed, and reviewed. We are your advocate during the appraisal process and will work with the appraiser by providing the comparable sales used in our market pricing.
10. We will follow the buyers loan process, and contact the lender as needed to ensure loan processing is on track. Once final loan approval is received, we prepare for closing.
11. Mortgage, tax, and HOA amounts are gathered by the title company and a settlement statement is prepared. This form will show you all of the closing costs and payoff amounts for the sale of your home. You will receive this document prior to closing so there are no surprises. You know exactly how much money you will walk away with from the closing table.
12. We will review your closing documents for accuracy and work closely with your closing agent. We will also schedule a closing time that is convenient for you. If you cannot attend the closing, we will coordinate a mobile closing agent for you.
13. At closing, you will sign documents that will transfer ownership of the property from you to the new owner, and you will turn over all keys and garage door openers. Any proceeds from the sale will be given to you after all parties to the transaction have signed.
We will communicate with you honestly and professionally throughout the entire process. We will advise you and attend to all of the details (expected and unexpected) during your sale. Our goal and promise to you is simple- we will do our best work to sell your property for the most money possible, in a time frame that fits your needs. We are area experts and we know the market – Contact us today!